Child & Family Services of Northwestern Michigan, Inc. provides equal employment and service opportunities to all eligible persons without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, parental status, handicap, membership in any labor organization, political affiliation, sexual orientation, and for employment and membership purposes, record of arrest without conviction, and additionally, for employment only, height and weight. EOE
Current Job Opportunities:
Third Level Crisis Counselor – Traverse City
Immediate opening for a part-time crisis counselor to serve in our 24-hour Third Level Crisis Unit. Up to 28 hours per week, flexible schedule including midnight shifts. A Bachelor’s Degree in a human service field is required. Experience in crisis intervention preferred. Successful completion of internal crisis intervention training required. Examples of Duties:
- Provide crisis intervention, information and referral, and mental health emergency services access services by telephone, in person, and via text to all residents of and visitors to a 19 county area in Northern Michigan, including service on the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline.
- Respond to people calling about other Third Level/Child and Family Services programs, including after-hours calls.
- Conduct lethality assessments on all persons served who may be considered a threat to themselves or others.
- Dispatch on-call workers for organizations which contract with Third Level for such services.
- Provide timely and accurate documentation of all work conducted.
- Participate in the maintenance of Crisis Unit systems and functions.
- Submit other reports as necessary on a timely basis.
- Attend required staff meetings, in-services and other functions.
- Represent CFS/Third Level at meetings as requested.
- Perform as requested all other duties necessary for the operation of the Crisis Unit.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit letter of interest and resume to Mickie Jannazzo, Director of Crisis and Youth Services by email to email@example.com.
Family Support Worker – Harbor Springs
Part time, hourly position provides support to foster care specialists, foster parents, legal parents, and children in achieving treatment plan objectives of foster care cases in northern lower Michigan. Family Support Workers provide and facilitate supervised parenting for referrals from DHHS as well as transport children to appointments and visits. Evening availability required. Associate’s Degree and previous work with children required; Bachelor’s preferred. Please email resume to Melissa Ryba, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Family Resource Specialist – Harbor Springs
Immediate opening for a full-time Family Resource Specialist in CFS' Harbor Springs office. Responsibilities include the recruitment and retention of foster and adoptive homes. Duties include screening, training, conducting home studies, and submitting all documentation required to license and maintain these homes. An ability to learn and manage data systems will also be critical. Other assigned tasks related to program goals and standards may be requested by the family resource supervisor. Excellent communication skills, follow-through, self-organization, self-direction, dependability, and strong assessment and writing skills are required.
Qualifications: The family resources specialist shall possess a minimum of bachelor’s degree with a major in sociology, psychology, social work, or a related human service field acceptable to licensing. Preference may be given to candidates with previous certification experience and training.
Please submit resume and cover letter to Cheryl Buyze, Family Resources Supervisor, email@example.com.
Pete's Place Direct Care Worker – Traverse City
Immediate opening for Direct Care Worker at Pete's Place Youth Shelter. Part-time position, up to 26 hours per week, midnight shifts 11pm-7am.
Qualifications: Minimum high school completion. Reliable automobile and adequate motor vehicle insurance. Clean driving and criminal record. Pass DHS registry clearance. Valid CPR/First Aid certification preferred.
Examples of Duties: Responsible for daily shift assignments outlined for the purpose of providing direct care to residents of the Pete’s Place Youth Shelter. Including but not limited to: working rotating shifts, intakes, discharges, collaboration with treatment team in facilitation of individual treatment goals, meal delivery, supervision of daily activities, cleaning and maintaining property, facilitating youth groups, supervising in house school, transporting to/from school or appointments, planning and implementation of recreational activities.
- Responsible for the supervision, daily safety and well being of youth residing in Pete’s Place.
- Maintains accurate and appropriate records of shift assignments and shift reports.
- Participates in case management and/or counseling sessions as requested.
- Attends required staff meetings, in service or other functions.
- Performs as requested all other duties necessary for the operation of CFS/Third Level.
- Participates in and completes all required trainings.
Please send cover letter and resume to Ryan DeMarsh, Pete's Place Supervisor, firstname.lastname@example.org.
That's all for now. Please check back regularly for updates!
Interested in completing an internship? Contact Paula Smith, Director of Behavioral Health at email@example.com or (231) 946-8975 ext. 1002.