Third Level Crisis Counselor
Are you looking for a career where you can make an immediate impact in someone’s life? Consider becoming a Crisis Counselor! Third Level’s 24/7 Crisis Line answers over 30,000 calls annually to people in our community seeking help. This critical community service is looking immediately for part-time Crisis Counselors to aid in our mission.
Qualifications: A Bachelor’s Degree in a human service field is required. Experience in crisis intervention preferred. Successful completion of internal crisis intervention training required.
Reports To: Crisis and Youth Services Director
Examples of Duties:
- Provide crisis intervention, information and referral, and mental health emergency services access services by telephone, in person, and via text to all residents of and visitors to a 19 county area in Northern Michigan, including service on the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline.
- Respond to people calling about other Third Level/Child and Family Services programs, including after-hours calls.
- Conduct lethality assessments on all persons served who may be considered a threat to themselves or others.
- Dispatch on-call workers for organizations which contract with Third level for such services.
- Provide timely and accurate documentation of all work conducted.
- Participate in the maintenance of Crisis Unit systems and functions.
- Submit other reports as necessary on a timely basis.
- Attend required staff meetings, in-services and other functions.
- Represent CFS/Third Level at meetings as requested.
- Perform as requested all other duties necessary for the operation of the Crisis Unit.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit letter of interest and resume to Mickie Jannazzo: email@example.com
Thank you in advance for your interest in this position.