Donor and Volunteer Relations Specialist
The Donor and Volunteer Relations Specialist is responsible for implementing the Development Team’s strategic plan for annual giving, using Moves Management donor strategies, in addition to managing the volunteer program, from recruitment to matching volunteers while supporting Child and Family Services’ goals and volunteer needs. This full-time position also provides ongoing community awareness and support of CFS’ needs through volunteer opportunities and financial gifts. This individual reports directly to the Development Director.
This individual shall possess a minimum of a bachelor’s degree. Preference in human services, communications, public administration, management, or related field. Experience utilizing Windows, Excel, fundraising database programs is desirable. Nonprofit development experience, including volunteer management and event planning is a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement strategic plan for increased annual giving from donors
- Develop opportunities for the board of directors, staff, and other volunteers to participate in the development effort
- Identify potential prospects for increased levels of giving and planned giving opportunities; develop strategies to cultivate and solicit those prospects with the Development Team
- Meet directly with donors to build relationships and report back on how their gifts are making a difference
- Continuously ensure that the case for support is strong and well communicated
- Support CFS volunteer needs with staff input and volunteer job descriptions
- Recruit, interview, match and train volunteers; coach and support volunteers as needed
- Conduct exit interviews or reassign volunteers as needed
- Analyze and report on volunteer program’s effectiveness, tracking hours and number of volunteers
- Provide ongoing volunteer recognition and annual recognition at key events
- Support donor and volunteer cultivation at community meetings and events
- Assist team in fundraising event planning, taking the lead on at least one event
- Job will involve some evening and weekend work, as well as minimal travel in our northwestern Michigan service area
Email Linda Sommerville, lsommerville@cfs3L.org with your cover letter and resume to apply today!