Sat, Mar 06|
Trauma Informed Parenting Training
We'll help you recognize, understand, and respond to childhood trauma.
Date & Time
Mar 06, 2021, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
About the Event
This two day training begins on Saturday, March 6, from 9am-5pm and resumes the second day on Saturday, March 20, from 9am-5pm.
Many children experience traumatic events, including abuse, neglect, and domestic
violence. These events can affect a child long after he or she has been removed from
the source of the trauma.
This important and essential course explores trauma-informed parenting including:
• How parents can care for a child while being sensitive to his or her past traumatic experiences.
• Understand how a child’s past experiences impact his or her behavior
• Complex trauma
• Understand how to encourage a child to develop strength and resilience
• Describe the seven aftereffects of complex trauma
• Understand how to adapt parenting style to a child’s needs
• Aftereffects Parenting practices
We’ll help you recognize, understand, and respond to childhood trauma.
Presented via Zoom by NCTSN trained presenter Allison Wilson MS, LPC Behavioral Health Therapist/ Trauma Assessment Clinician; Emma Smith, MA in Clinical Counseling, Foster Care Compliance and Training Specialist; and Amanda Rhine, an experienced foster parent.
This training is packed with a ton of crucial content to help you, help children. It’s interactive with breakout sessions, lunch, and breaks.