top of page


Relative caregivers providing in home care to children under the age of 18 may qualify for financial assistance through the Kinship caregiver grant managed by Child and Family Service.

Grant money can be used to offset the cost of providing care for a relative child placed in your home. 


"We live in a world in which we need to share responsibility. It's easy to say "It's not my child, not my community, not my world, not my problem." Then there are those who see the need and respond. I consider those people my heroes" -Fred Rogers 

Do you Qualify?

Do you provide care to a relative child under the age of 18,  through foster care placement, guardianship, informal arrangement?

Are you 55 years or older?

Do you live in our 10 county regions (Grand Traverse, Antrim, Wexford, Benzie, Manistee, Kalkaska, Charlevoix, Emmet, Missaukee, Leelanau)?

Call now for more information or to apply!


bottom of page