Request a Christmas Wish List:
Traverse City Area: (231) 946-8975 ext. 1046
Petoskey/Harbor Springs: (231) 347-4463
Paper Angels 2018
Each year, through our partnership with WTCM (and with the help of some 20+ volunteers), CFS matches generous donors in our community with children who need them through our Paper Angels Christmas Giving Program. Last year, we fulfilled over 700 wish lists, and we expect another busy holiday season this year. Thank you to all the volunteers, donors, and friends of CFS who help our kiddos!
Here’s How it Works!
- Children, teens, and families in need complete a holiday Wish List and return it to CFS.
- We review each Wish List and match the child, teen, or family with a generous donor in our community.
- Our donors shop for the items on the Wish List. We advise budgets of $100 for children and $125 for ages 12 and up.
- Donors deliver their (unwrapped and numbered) gifts during our “Drop Off Day” on Saturday, December 8 to be distributed to our families.
***Not a shopper? We are ALWAYS grateful for cash donations, which allow us to buy gifts for children who may come into care very close to Christmas, or to honor birthdays, a great report card, or just because, all year round. Click below to make a donation now to support the “Angel Fund.”
Want to request a Wish List?
Contact the Paper Angels Desk after November 13:
Traverse City: (231) 946-8975 ext. 1046
Harbor Springs: (231) 347-4463
**Please note this phone is staffed by volunteers M-F 10am – 5pm. If a volunteer doesn’t answer, be sure to leave a message. Volunteers check messages daily and return calls in the order they were received.
Gift Drop-Off Day
Saturday, December 8, 2018 from 10am – 2pm
Please Join us for refreshments and share holiday cheer with our staff and volunteers.
- Fletch’s of Petoskey – 825 Charlevoix Ave, Petoskey
- Child & Family Services in Traverse City – 3785 Veterans Drive, Traverse City
Get in Touch!
Please call our Paper Angels desk with any questions!
Traverse City – (231) 946-8975 ext. 1046
Harbor Springs – (231) 347-4463
Here’s how your gifts make a difference:
- Susan* is a single mom raising two daughters, two nephews and a niece. She couldn’t believe all the packages that came her way through Paper Angels. In the middle of a long workday, she popped open the trunk of her car expecting to be brought a small bag with some knick-nack stocking-stuffers for all her kids to share. Instead she watched as large bag after large bag was carried toward her car, eventually packing it to the gills. After the third bag or so, she covered her mouth and blinked back tears. “I just can’t believe it,” she said. “God has brought so many good people into our lives.”
- Angela* is a young mom with limited resources raising four kids–two of whom struggle with special challenges. She made sure to wait and pick up her Paper Angels gifts while her kids were not around. Even her oldest, a teenager, still believes in Santa. Every Paper Angel donation became a gift from Santa Claus this year, helping to keep the magic of Christmas alive for a loving family of little financial means.
- Samantha, age 9, received a guitar for Christmas from her Paper Angel. She was in disbelief! She is a naturally gifted girl and loves to sing and play her guitar. She cried when she opened her present. I wish you could see her play!
- Steve* is a single father of two. He was very humbled and grateful for the support he received for his family this year. He works 12-hour days, six days a week for minimum wage but continues going to work to support his family, regardless of weather. Very, very grateful.
- Alex and Rebecca have two children. Alex recently hit a financial low, and although he did not want anything for himself or his wife, he cried when he received the Christmas gifts for his children. He gives back whenever he can by helping others.
Many of our families would not have had a Christmas without Paper Angels. Thank you so much for your support!