What is Third Level?
Third Level, a program of Child & Family Services, supports people from all walks of life who reach out to us for help with various life challenges. We work to help people find safety and peace when in crisis, experience healing and hope in our care, and move toward a lasting positive change in their lives. Third Level helps:
- Middle school students who are in great pain after being bullied by their peers
- Single parents by connecting them with resources to help them pay a utility bill or access food
- Older adults who feel alone and disconnected with their communities
- Teens who have been "couch surfing" and want a more stable place to stay
- Veterans facing their biggest battle as they transition from warrior to citizen
- People battling serious illness and the fear that comes with it
- A family breadwinner who gets laid off
- Older youth who are on their own, trying to make it in the world
- Men, women, teens, and elders who have lost hope that their pain will end and are thinking about killing themselves.
What does Third Level do?
- 24 Hour Crisis Services
- Youth Services
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Community Education
- Suicide Prevention
- Transitional Living Programs
- Pete's Place Youth Shelter
- Other CFS Programs
What does Third Level mean?
There are four different levels of communication, each with its own context and ends…
The third level is the level of trust, intimacy, vulnerability, and transparency. Most of us are afraid to be wrong and absolutely terrified to be rejected and communicating at the emotional level opens us up to be rejected, hurt, and scarred.
“It’s a daily tragedy that so many people yearn for emotional connection and communication yet so adamantly push it away. We spend our days in conversations about nothing and inert ideas, yet rarely are we asked about our dreams, wants, needs, and joys. The emotional level is the foundation upon which relationships, families, teams, and societies are built…”
While a crisis can often be a difficult time, it can also be one of change and growth. Third Level believes that growing, changing, and thriving can happen in moments of crisis, and we strive to support individuals during these times.
Our 24 hour crisis line is staffed with trained counselors that help individuals in our community to understand, cope with, and recover from crisis, no matter what that crisis may look like. Please click here for more information.
Call or stop by 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Our Youth Services provide counseling and support to youth age 10-20 and their families. Third Level helps youth access community resources, temporary or long-term housing, fun and educational activities, and more. Our youth counselors work with teens who have threatened to or have run away, are homeless, or are experiencing conflict that's causing tension or making it hard to be at home. All services are free and confidential. Click here for more information.
Support Our Mission:
We strive to ensure the safety and well-being of children, youth, adults, and families in times of crisis, challenge, and life transition.