Volunteer with us!
Child & Family Services/Third Level provides meaningful volunteer opportunities by offering a variety of experiences that make positive contributions to our organization. Volunteers are an important link to our community, as they are able to share their “insider perspective” on the important work we do.
Most volunteers help with special events and fundraising happenings, which offer flexible involvement according to their personal schedule. Others may assist the development team with public relations tasks, office support, odd jobs, and mailings on an as-needed basis.
A select group of experienced CFS volunteers may be invited to assist with client support groups and activities or to help with our 24/7 Crisis Hotline. This level of volunteering requires a commitment to an on-going, regular schedule for an extended period of time. Because of the nature of the confidential care being delivered by our agency, the placement process includes a background check, an application, and an interview with CFS staff members followed by training, which may be extensive depending on the support you will provide. Volunteer assignments are made by the careful matching of client needs with the skills and interests of the volunteer.
Thank you for considering becoming a volunteer!
We welcome your involvement!
Interested in Volunteering with us?
If you're interested in volunteering with us, please contact Teri Hedrich, Volunteer Coordinator, at (231) 946-8975 ext. 1038, or by email at email@example.com.
If you're interested in supporting our 24/7 Crisis Hotline, please contact Ryan DeMarsh, Crisis Unit and Shelter Supervisor, at (231) 922-4800, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Steps to becoming a volunteer in Traverse City:
- Contact Teri Hedrich, Volunteer Coordinator, at (231) 946-8975 ext. 1038 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
- Complete a Volunteer Interest Form, indicating your contact information and the activities that interest you, and return to Teri Hedrich by mail (3785 Veterans Drive, Traverse City, MI 49684) or via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Schedule an interest interview with Teri to discuss your interest and availability. You are invited to tour our office and meet with our staff at this time.
Steps to becoming a volunteer with the Crisis Line:
- Contact Ryan DeMarsh, Crisis Unit Supervisor, at (231) 922-4800 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
- Schedule an interest interview with Ryan to discuss your interest and availability. You are invited to tour our office and meet with our staff at this time.
- Complete a volunteer application and background check.
- Attend 42-hours of Crisis Hotline Training, offered in May and September each year.
Steps to becoming a volunteer in Harbor Springs:
- Contact Lindsay Steffes, Harbor Springs Site Supervisor, at (231) 347-4463 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete a Volunteer Interest Form, indicating your contact information and the activities that interest you, and return to Lindsay by mail (3434 M-119, Suite F, Harbor Springs, MI 49740) or via email (email@example.com).
- Schedule an interest interview to discuss your interest and availability. You are invited to tour our office and meet with our staff at this time.
Internship Opportunities with Child & Family Services and Third Level:
For more information about internship opportunities, with specific academic experience requirements, please contact Paula Smith, Director of Clinical Programs, at (231) 946-8975 ext. 1002 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
"At Third Level I learned skills and techniques for assisting individuals in a crisis situation. The educational, yet relaxed training sessions facilitated an environment in which those of us in training were able to learn and grow, both through practice and by being exposed to each other’s personal, unique styles. I’ve been able to use what I learned in Third Level’s training, not only as a budding counselor, but in my personal life as well. I am grateful to be a part of Third Level and to be able to positivly impact other’s lives in thier time of crisis."
– Third Level Volunteer
Get In Touch
For more information, contact:
Child & Family Services/Third Level
(231) 946-8975 ext. 1038
Download: Volunteer Interest Form